STORY WOMAN'S CLUB HAS NEW WEBSITE
Click Here to check it out...
STORY WOMAN'S CLUB
OFFICERS EVENTS & PROJECTS SCRAPBOOK: 2012
Having an event...wedding, reception, birthday party, reunion, family gathering?
The STORY WOMAN'S CLUB is
available to rent for your event.
Call Tina Collett at 307-621-0925 for all the details!
or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Club meetings are held the first Thursday of the month, at 1:30 pm, except for July and December. Anyone living in the greater Story community is welcome to attend.
The Story Woman's Club has been active since it was first organized at the home of C. W. Beavers in 1919. Mrs. Cleo Spurrier was the first president. It is both a service and social organization. Since the beginning, the club members have devoted time to many worthwhile community projects. The two chief projects of the club are the maintenance and preservation of the club building and the serving of dinners to any bereaved family in the community.
A club motto and song were adopted in 1924 and two years later the club voted to start a fund for a club building or meeting place. In 1929, Milt Eychaner gave a building site and in the fall of 1930, the building was started by laying of a corner stone. The logs used to erect the building were donated by Superior Inches Brown and were cut and skidded out of Little Piney during the winter of 1930-1931 by the men of the community. In the spring of 1931, the building was ready for use though not completed. In 1934 a kitchen was added and the following year the front porch enclosed. Electricity was added in 1941.
The chief fund-raiser each year is the Annual Turkey Dinner, which is always held the first Sunday after the October meeting.
Red and White
Trust not to each accusing tongue,
As some weak people do,
But still believe that story false
Which ought not to be true.